Bridgewater Floodplain Management
PROJECTS IN THE SPECIAL FLOOD HAZARD AREA
- A zoning permit must be obtained prior to any new construction or renovation in the special flood hazard area in Bridgewater.
- Use FEMA's Flood Map Service Center to determine if your property is in the Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Current Flood Insurance Study (FIS) (2014: Volume 1; Volume 2; Volume 3; Volume 4)
- Current Flood Insurance Rate Map (2014: Index; Panel 388; Panel 389; Panel 526; Panel 527)
- Historical Flood Insurance Studies
- Historical Flood Insurance Rate Maps
Bridgewater's Zoning Office maintains elevations certificates for new and substantially improved buildings. For a list of elevation certificates on file, click here.
FLOOD PROTECTION & insurance INFORMATION
- The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation provides up-to-date information regarding:
- Knowing Your Risk for flooding
- dam safety and floodplains.
- Helpful resources are available at North River Library, 118 Mount Crawford Avenue in Bridgewater. Click here for a list of available titles.
- For flood insurance information, please visit www.floodsmart.gov.
- Other helpful links:
- The Town of Bridgewater follows mitigation procedures as laid out in the Central Shenandoah Valley All Hazards Mitigation Plan.